hellooooooo....

tomgamber

tomgamber

since everyone must be out fishing or frustrated with the speed of the site I just wanted to post and see if it even works...its not bad today.

Thanks I was gettin gworied too. It is still not what i want to happen with the speed. It was really fast early this morning and late last night, but slowing down again.

I have a small improvement my hosting company wants me to do, but I don't think it is really going to help.

I am going to be doing that fix this starting Friday night. So this weekend the site may be down.

I should have it all worked out by late Sunday. We'll see if it helps?

Dave

Hi,

Still not the speeds I want! I will work on some things this weekend.

Dave

I have not been accessing the board much because of the slowness. But right now it's very good.

Good job Dave.

I tried to get on the site yesterday and it was down...seems like every other time I try to get on here its down. I'm kind of new to this board but I know other message boards don't seem to have this problem. I never posted on this board much before because there were soo many people on here and it was kind of hard to keep up with everything but now there's next to no one.

Yeah I have had a hard time getting the site to work it usally take a few tries for me to get it to work but the speed of it dosen't seem that bad to me when i'm on . Shouldn't the xoops company give you more bandwith for the site or something why do you have to make changes dKile

Dave,
I enjoy your website - it's been a treasure trove of information. If you're having some tech difficulties...it is no problem for me. I appreciate the time you put in to this site so I and others can use and enjoy it.

I've got a cable modem and I feel it's slow, especially since it is mostly text. It was particularly slow signing on.

Yes, I, too, would like to access the site mroe but am frustrated by slow speeds, although very early in the mroning seems at least acceptable. Anyway, I hope the problem is resolved, as this is a really good site.
Coughlin

It has been much better the last 24 hours or so, but still a bit slow. A day or so back it had been impossible to bopther with for a week or so. Good luck, Dave, with the tweaking.

I agree Jack, It's gone from 25-30 seconds to load a page to about 7-8. While this is a great improvement, it could still be better. (I am speaking during the daytime hours)

I too have no delays before and after "Normal business" hours.

It did (at 10:00 1/2 hour ago) take 20 seconds to load the site. So long I logged out and called Cingular to "let 'em have it" over some unwanted charged on my bill...I believe the site slowness helped give me the courage to get my $54.00 back. :p

Keep banging on it Dave...it is improving.

Thanks for all you do.

Maurice

So it seems to be fine now, great work Dave and thanks for a great site and the resulting camaradie. Beautiful day here in Myrtle Beach, but too dammed many golfers.

Back