hello

B

biga54

Just wanted to say hello to all the great people on this site. This is my first post but I've been reading for a few weeks now as I buy gear and start to fish. I was just going to fly fish for bass at first... but since that's a couple of months away I figured I try the local fly fish only steam that's walking distance from my house. I went down the day they stocked it and caught my first 4 fly fish brook trout on a olive wooly bugger. I was using a 9ft cheep cabelas 8wt rod with a 7' t-8 rio sink tip added to my wffl. I really didn't intend to start fishing for trout but that's all over now.

I have been buying up streamers for weeks now and have a pretty good selection of wooly buggers, muddlers, and a few clouser minnows, coachmen, etc. I got a box full of 92 nymphs from ebay, they are all very small czech type( didn't realize how small they were when I bid)...they are all really nice and I'm sure I'll get good use of them when the water gets low and very clear. I have a large box of drys and nymphs on the way that were packed for the east with all the common patterns and sizes. I have a few ants and stuff too.

I just picked up a redington crosswater 4wt 7' 6" package and I am going to look for a little better 9 foot 4wt to use with the reel from the crosswater package as my main trout rig. I am looking at a TFO pro 2 or redington classic trout.

Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Wow, sounds like you got the bug real bad. Good for you and welcome. Congrats on your fist trout on fly. Next thing you know you will start tying flies. It happens to all of us.

GenCon

Welcome to the Jungle. Sounds like you are hooked deeply!

Back