Hello from The Old Line state

2bmeuc

I just stumbled on this very cool site. A lot of great info. Currently in MD, but grew up in north central, PA. Spent many days fishing Pine Creek, but Long Run was my favorite. The Asaph, Kettle Creek, Marsh, Stony Fork, Potter Brook, Genesee, to name a few, kept me busy. Although I haven’t fished those northern streams in awhile, they hold a special place. Great memories. Got away from fly fishing for a couple years. Life just got busy, but now its back in my life. Look forward to many more adventures.

Sam

Where in Maryland are you located?

Welcome to the site! I noticed you mentioned Long Run being your favorite up in NC. Are you referring to the Long Run that feeds Kettle up from Oleona? Because, I fished that one during prime conditions and was very disappointed with it. It was MUCH smaller than I had anticipated it being, and it only produced a couple of dinks. Natives, if not spooked, are usually easy to catch, so I attribute the poor fishing to the size of that stream.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I noticed you mentioned Long Run being your favorite up in NC. Are you referring to the Long Run that feeds Kettle up from Oleona? Because, I fished that one during prime conditions and was very disappointed with it. It was MUCH smaller than I had anticipated it being, and it only produced a couple of dinks. Natives, if not spooked, are usually easy to catch, so I attribute the poor fishing to the size of that stream.
Thanks! No. There is a Long Run that feeds Pine Creek, right near Gaines. I’ve fished Kettle but not any of its feeders.

Welcome aboard. Check out the Jam in May in your neck of the woods. GG

Where do you typically fish?
Well, Deer Creek is very convenient. I’ll hit the Gunpowder & LGP, as well. I’ve done the Patapsco, but it’s been awhile. You?

For me, the Gunpowder is most convenient. But recently I’ve spent more time on Little Falls (but not yet Little Gunpowder Falls). I’ve also fished Morgan Run a few times.

Well, Deer Creek is very convenient. I’ll hit the Gunpowder & LGP, as well. I’ve done the Patapsco, but it’s been awhile. You?
How is Little Gunpowder Falls? I haven’t been out there, even though it’s certainly not far from me.

How is Little Gunpowder Falls? I haven’t been out there, even though it’s certainly not far from me.
I’ve only fished it near Jerusalem Mill. I’ll wait until the crowd dies down. It’s a nice little area. Lots of available parking.

Isn’t LGF only stocked fish? I was always told LGF had too much farm run off for a wild population.

Isn’t LGF only stocked fish? I was always told LGF had too much farm run off for a wild population.
yes it is stocked. Not sure how many holdovers there are. I don’t think it is much different than Deer Creek.

Back