Heinz Preserve

S

springer1

Must be just to have parking lots for drinking and sex, it can't be for fishing or hiking anymore because the trail I was on was completely overgrown with tall brush shoulder high.

Parked at the eastbound Rt 420 lot (south side) to go fishing in the peninsula. Parking lot was empty for a good reason. The trail that goes from the lot all the way to the tip of the peninsula is open for maybe 50 ft, then gets brushy and by 50 yds requires bushwhacking thru tall grass & weeds that have completely overcome the trail.

If ya want some ticks, this is a great spot to get them, I stayed an hour and went home stripped and washed the clothes and took a shower. I hope they didn't hop off in the truck.

Nice maintenance by whatever govt agency is responsible for keeping this up, what's the point of having the preserve if you can't use it?.

Watch yourself there...the word is high crime area

It is not a preserve; it is a national wildlife refuge.

Yes, I volunteer and do invasive vine cutting at several conservancies and parks, but I don't usually go to the Heinz Preserve.

The point is that this Federal area is unusable for people, it wasn't in need of tour/ presentation guides or help with nominal facilities maintenance; the only trail leading from this parking lot requires shoulder high bushwacking. I said the hell with it and plowed thru, but most people have better sense :)

I like to take my yak out in the two lagoons south of 420. I called them before and they are clueless about anything fishing related . They have a so called kayak launch site which is a joke you have carry your yak 50 yards from the parking lot to get there . They only care about the impoundment that they made for the birds . I wish the state would take over managing the fishery it's the biggest tidal marsh in the state .

Back