Heat Holders socks

troutpoop

troutpoop

Anyone ever try the Heat Holders Socks?? I currently use a thin polypro pair with wool over. These are supposed to work but I've bought kids of crap that was supposed to work.
I get cold feet and I'm always looking for the warmest socks.

I am guessing that you have the same problem that I do in that your feet sweat.

I've tried everything that you can think of and spend money on, but at the end of the day, my feet sweat, get wet, and get cold.

Same thing with my hands and gloves.

Otherwise, I don't sweat that much. I am not a big guy at 6'/170 lbs./60 years of age.

I work outdoors for a living and am constantly changing boots/sneakers and socks(uninsulated boots/wool socks), and gloves/mittens.

I get frustrated and miserable dealing with cold feet and hands.

It is a lot easier for me to be hot and humid in the summer than it is to be cold in the winter, and I used to live in New Iberia, Louisiana in the summer.

The hottest and most humid summer day anywhere in Pennsylvania is the coolest and most comfortable summer night in southern Louisiana.

If you don't believe me all you have to do is take a look at LSU's football schedule and pay attention to when they start playing their home football games in the afternoons. It isn't during September or October.

I am plagued by the same problem. My feet sweat like a monsoon, my hands sweat and I have been blessed with low blood pressure.

I bought 2mm neoprene gloves with a thin fleece lining at Cabelas. I cut the tip off of the thumbs, index fingers, and middle fingers. Just enough to have good dexterity to tie flies on etc. This worked out really well for my hands.

I buy wading boots that have enough room for wool socks over another pair of socks with a little air space in the boots. I've tried the thin wicking socks. That didn't work. Made my feet feel slimey. Then I bought Wrangler Steel Toe socks at the outlet in Wyomissing. They really breath and wick well. Now my feet last a lot longer in cold weather wading. On the way to my fishing destination I wear moccasins. That helps also.

I spray my feet with antiperspirant and that helps a lot but I'm always looking for the better sock.

rule number one-never,repeat never wear cotton socks under wool socks-sayeth the former Montanan.

Love the Heat Holders.
I got a pair of 2.3's for Christmas a few years ago and they are the warmest socks I've ever tried. Better than the alpaca and bison fur types I've tried. Cheaper, too.
I started with a wicking sock as a base layer but found the Heat Holders alone kept my feet warmer and drier.
The only downside is that they are loose fitting and tend to creep. I put an old pair of thin stretched out wool hiking socks over these.
You're also going to need an extra size larger wading boot for the room. My winter wading boot is 2 sizes larger than my normal shoe size.
They now make a knee high 2.7 wool blend that I'm thinking of trying out.

YouTube Video

Back