Heading to Hollidaysburg in mid March, Fishing?

E

Etowns54

I'm heading to Hollidaysburg in mid March to do some training for work. I'll be there for 2.5 weeks. Given the time frame I know I can't hit up any stock trout streams but I'm looking for some general locations to find some native/wild trout streams to fish. Also would it be worth while to make the trip to fish Raystown Dam spillway? Any information about the area would be helpful. I haven't found much of anything on the game commission's county guide maps.

Thanks,

Why hit raystown dam when the little J is just as close?

Etowns54 wrote:
I'm heading to Hollidaysburg in mid March to do some training for work.
I'm looking for some general locations to find some native/wild trout streams to fish. Thanks,

There is a tremendous amount of wild trout fishing in that general area. A good place to start your search is the "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page. Also, take some time to check thru the Stream Reports forum and search for Blair, Centre, or Huntington Counties.

The little J is close by. There are also lots of smaller streams nearby if that's what you like. Just use the Class A List and google maps. I have only fished Raystown in July and August for smallies (which is a great time) but can't speak for it now. I hope this helps.

Feel free to shoot me a message. I can either take you out or suggest a few streams when you come up this way. Little J would be a good one, or work off the class A list. Lots of stuff around to fish.

Back