Heading East on Route 22? Pittsburgh and SWPA Flyfishers

Acristickid

Acristickid

I got a written warning for leaving my vehicle in the shopping center opposite of Sheetz in New Alexandria.

(this is a fairly popular carpool/meeting spot for flyfishers)

Shopping center management left a note with my license plate number written on the note stating they did not want noncustomers parking cars there.

Be warned.

There is a Park and Ride parking area on the eastbound side of Route 22 across from a BP station (light there). This is between Murrysville and New Alexandria. (also a popular parking area)

Wawa now has signs warning not to park there. Around here, that has forced a change of plans. I am unsure if the signs were always there, but I just started noticing them.

I spend about 10% of my salary at wawa, so it would be nice if they would let me slide. Oh well.

I have a method that works fair enough. 2 specific places come to mind but i won't mention them 'cause i don't want folks mad at me for "burning" their spots , if you want to know exactly where P.M. me but anyhow , he goes , before you do anything "fishy" go into the store/establishment and buy something. While you are paying for the item ask if it's o.k. to park? This worked for me twice in places where i'd have probably gotten a ticket otherwise.

Frankly, unless you are really good at dent and scratch repair or need some practice, a place as busy as Sheetz is a horrible place to leave your car. There are enough lighted empty strip malls along the roads today to park at. Particularly the one right across from that Sheetz.

Tom,
I think that's the parking lot he got the note in..... Why not just drive down the road a little bit and park at Keystone State park? No one would question anyone parking there and getting out with fishing stuff... "course you'd need to be in and out during the park hours...

Sorry, I thought he said in Sheetz lot. I did notice there are a couple new stores and a pizza place that seem new in that plaza so that's the good news anyway. Maybe pop in and buy buy a pie or a sub and ask them if its ok to park there sometime.

Back