Hatch nomad 2

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

Just saw a review on MidCurrent for the hatch nomad 2 pliers/fishing tool, they gave it a highly recommended. I Google searched them.........$300. Just curious, anyone bought these or used them? I remember being suprised at $100 nippers, but this shocked me. Maybe it's a great tool and I'm missing out..to each his own.

I have the Dr Slick pliers. about 60 bucks.... work fine

Exactly what needs to be accomplished with a pair of players that 300 bucks for a "good" pair provides that much more piece of mind?

Apparently the nomad 2 is not their top of the line model. The hatch tempest 2 retails for 350, go figure.

Probably the same guys that take helicopters in Kamchatka or have a third nipple- superfluous.

Can't comment on the Hatch pliers as I don't have them. I've seen them in the shops and they just look like nicely machined pliers to me.

I do have a pair of the Abel pliers that my wife bought me as a gift many years ago. They are nice and very handy for saltwater when cutting wire bite or heavy mono. That being said, I would never pay that kind of money for them.

I really don't mean to bash, I enjoy nice equipment as well. I'm sure some people would roll their eyes at me when they hear what I paid for some fly rods.

When I started out as a professional mechanic,, i was shocked at the cost of snap on tools. I bought less expensive tools thinking that the extra cost was in the name and wouldn't make a difference in quality. There is a difference, a big difference in tools that get used a couple times a year and tools that get used everyday to make a living. The tolerances, materials, build quality and warranty of professional tools justifies the cost and they are a tax write off if used for business. I don't know if this applies to this product but they could be a really well built product.

3sip wrote:
When I started out as a professional mechanic,, i was shocked at the cost of snap on tools. I bought less expensive tools thinking that the extra cost was in the name and wouldn't make a difference in quality. There is a difference, a big difference in tools that get used a couple times a year and tools that get used everyday to make a living. The tolerances, materials, build quality and warranty of professional tools justifies the cost and they are a tax write off if used for business. I don't know if this applies to this product but they could be a really well built product.

I completely agree with your tool theory as it pertains to being a professional and investing in your own future. Unless you are a professional fisherman, I still think this for someone who wants to be able to say they own a 300 dollar pair of pliers.

Agreed. But for $300 they better be a quality product or they are a joke like this

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/IMG_6200_1024x1024.jpeg

https://shop.hankpatterson.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-new-orvis-jug
This

I got one of those Dr Slick hemostats that cut line, prey open split shot, clean hook eyes, and mash barbs. It's the cats meow.

Back