Hatch Monsoon reels

mcwillja

mcwillja

Does anybody on here have any feedback on the Hatch Monsoon reels or Hatch reels in general? I've heard some good things but I wanted to get some feedback on here first. They are very expensive but I have found some on clearance so they must be making room for newer models.

Thanks,

Jason

It's some serious equipment, check your pm's

I know people that have them, and have handled them. They are pretty heavy duty, high quality reels.

Jason,

Have you looked at any Galvan stuff? It's also quality and made in the USA. Lifetime warranty for the original owner too.

Andy

I'd take a galvan over a hatch any day.

I'd need a solid 50%+ discount on a hatch to consider it.

I know Mcwill has already purchased his Hatch, but I think my Galvan will be buried with me. Love it.

krayfish wrote:
Jason,

Have you looked at any Galvan stuff? It's also quality and made in the USA. Lifetime warranty for the original owner too.

Andy

Andy,

my local fly shop has galvan reels and they are sweet but very expensive. I went with the hatch because I read really good reviews, made in USA, and I found some on clearance for the monsoon 3 plus. Someday a Galvan might be purchased when the wife isn't looking.

What? I understood the Hatch to be more expensive. If you look on ebay or some of the shops, you can find the OB models on clearance since they are out of the 2012 line up. If you go that route, get one size bigger than you might think. Hell, I got an OB-4 last year for $198. Thought it was a deal so I snagged one. Becker has a Torque and it's sweet but considerably more than I spent. The other reel you can find on sale right now is the Litespeed.

I paid $210 for the Tourque. However, I lucked into that deal after losing a bid on eBay for a Spoke. You can pick up the Spokes for $200.

Back