Harpers Ferry Potomac

Tucker733

Tucker733

I was looking at taking my raft with some friends to the Harpers Ferry area later this summer for smallmouth and couldn’t find much help online. Only a long distance of 12+ miles between 2 Maryland boat launches. A little long for a first time float. Does anyone have any recommendations in the area for put-ins/take-outs?

I’ve seen the Potomac section around the confluence while traveling and ledges and islands look very fishy but maybe a section of the Shenandoah is easier to access and similar structure?

Call Mossy Creek Fly Fishing in Harrisonburg, VA. They may be able to help.

I was looking at taking my raft with some friends to the Harpers Ferry area later this summer for smallmouth and couldn’t find much help online. Only a long distance of 12+ miles between 2 Maryland boat launches. A little long for a first time float. Does anyone have any recommendations in the area for put-ins/take-outs?

I’ve seen the Potomac section around the confluence while traveling and ledges and islands look very fishy but maybe a section of the Shenandoah is easier to access and similar structure?
White Fly Outfitters

Give these guys a call, they're in Harpers Ferry.

Reactions: scs
Public access is limited and has declined since the NPS blocked off some of my favorite parking spots. I'll second contacting WFO.

For some motivation, you may enjoy this article I wrote some years ago. . .

Attachments

• IMG_1552.png
    IMG_1552.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Back