Harmans

T

trout48

The wife and I are going the 2nd of October anybo0dy been there recently and if so how has fishing been. Waterflows or any hints gladly accepted. Thanks

I was down last year in mid October. Water was low and clear. Buggers were the ticket. I caught a few on top with caddis.

I took a road trip to WV yesterday to see my son's soccer team play in Elkins. I drove past Harmans but didn't have any time to fish. Most of the streams I looked at yesterday while driving by them looked extremely low. They could use a few decent shots of rain in that area for sure. Hopefully for you water levels will come up a bit as October rolls around. What a beautiful area!

dc410 you were correct no water there were pools about 70 yds long and the fish couldnt get out . We still had a good time though used the hot tub a lot then low and behold we were out in front of our cabin (13) and I said to my wife I hear water all of a sudden a river came flowing down. Seems a couple of counties down got hammered with rain and it took a day to get down to Harmans. . We got our rods and started hammering them any nymph with all the water flowing again and they were hitting. All in all we had a great time again.

Water levels have returned to normal levels, stocking has continued, and will continue thru the winter.

The wife and I are heading down to Harman's on Saturday. Glad to see that the water is back to normal. I'm really looking forward to a few days out of cell phone coverage! The fishing will be an awesome bonus. My wife loves going there because it is so relaxing. Can't argue with that.

We just returned from Harman's. Had an awesome time. The fishing as great. Got to meet Curtis Fleming. The staff was fantastic. We made our reservation for next year when we checked out. Here are a few photos of the trip.

Attachments

• DSC9592.jpg
    DSC9592.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP0477.jpg
    IMGP0477.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP0467.jpg
    IMGP0467.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC9592.jpg
    DSC9592.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP0480.jpg
    IMGP0480.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC9348.jpg
    DSC9348.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC9395.jpg
    DSC9395.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
that looks ace.

what did you catch them on in that low clear water ?

I got a few using ants and beetles on top. The bigger fish preferred huge streamers and they had to be moving or they ignored them.

Back