hardy wading boots

M

midnightangler

has anybody else had a bad experience with Hardy wading boots? I got a pair about 4 months back, and the seams have completely disintegrated. I fish a fair bit, but I've never seen a pair of boots (or shoes even) fall apart so quickly. My last pair of wading boots lasted almost 10 years and cost about $20 (compared to $100 for the hardy boots). Hardy has some kind of warranty that ought to apply, but for this kind of performance I'm having trouble deciding whether it is even worth it to send them back.

Looked at the Hardys, but went with Simms..Suprised to learn of them breaking down so fast though...I would contact Hardy and see if they'll upgrade you at no charge..They might!

one word on wading boots CHOTAH !!!!!!

troutslammer wrote:
one word on wading boots CHOTAH !!!!!!

Seconded... minus the extra h. :)

I am surprised that anything with Hardy's name cost under a few hundred dollars. I'm equally amazed that they aren't any good. They have a good name and would probably stand behind the product. Let them know that you have posted about your experience on a fly fishing forum, and that you will be updating everyone on how they make good on it. It's a little extra leverage working in your favor.

sorry , too many rum and cokes last night , chota came out with a set of carbon steel spikes for there boots , arround 20.00 for the set i guess from what i am told they make the boot even better in the stream , i can't believe it gets better !!!!

I'll jump on the band wagon for the Chotas as well... here's a link to a PAFF review of them.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=56

I've never been easy on my equipment, and they are holding up very well for me!

Back