Hardy Reel Repair

salmo

salmo

I slipped and fell on a rock with my favorite Hardy reel. It bent the frame, but the reel still spools fine. Does anyone know where I might get it repaired? It’s more sentimental than valuable.

I slipped and fell on a rock with my favorite Hardy reel. It bent the frame, but the reel still spools fine. Does anyone know where I might get it repaired? It’s more sentimental than valuable.
Dear salmo,

Bill Archuleta is recognized as the Hardy expert in the US.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Thanks. Tim.

I heard Bill is not taking work orders due to family issues. I hope that is not the case.

You also might try contacting Hardy USA (800-467-8459) to see what options they suggest.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a Hardy built CFO that I dropped while fishing off the crest of a dam as a stupid teenager. I GENTLY bent the frame and spool back and continued using it for several decades.

The same thing goes for the third reel I ever owned, a Hardy LRH Lightweight that I bent in a similar clumsy move. I fished the reel for another 20 years but left it alone as I was afraid I'd break it if I tried bending it back to normal.

Good luck!!

Thanks all. I found a guy. good news! Archuletta is still in business.

Shipped my baby off for repair. Hopefully it will return good for another 35 years.

Back