Halifax/ Dauphin County

Troutbum1994

Troutbum1994

Is anybody familiar with any FFO, Artificial only, or C&R water up on or around Powell Creek in Dauphin County? I'm headed up there to camp on some streams for trout opener with some friends of mine. I would like to take the opportunity to teach my buddies a little bit about fly fishing, but I know all too well how challenging that can be when the meal worms are stacked a dozen deep in the water column and the rubber boots are hip to hip. Just trying to achieve some clearance. Any intel is greatly appreciated.

-Josh

I'll look into it! I have very little knowledge of that area. Haven't fished it since I was younger. Spent the last two years living out West, so I've got a lot of local learning to catch up on.

Clark's is a mess between floods and fallen trees. I can only speculate on how many hundreds fell with the winds on Sunday and Monday.

Head over the mountain towards Halifax. You have Powells, Armstrong, Rattling Run and Wiconisco. There's 0.74 miles of keystone select water near the Need Smith Center. Delayed harvest, artificial lures only.

Thanks all, I appreciate the guidance. Take care.

Back