Gremlin Removable Shot

goose54cdd

goose54cdd

Does anyone know if they make this in a dark color for trout fishing? I use it for bass and it works great, but it's so shiny I don't use it for trout. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they make this in a dark color for trout fishing? I use it for bass and it works great, but it's so shiny I don't use it for trout. Thanks!
I just add a couple of drops of river/stream water in the plastic bag and seal it. The shot turns a dull gray in short order. I learned this by wading too deep and inundating my pack and shot containers with water. HTH.

Now that’s making lemonade out of lemons.

Even though I've been using Water Gremlin split shot since I started fishing, take a look at Dinsmores shot that I just started using for bait fishing this year.
  • It's coated so it comes in different colors.
  • It's non-lead
  • It's really soft and is removable even without the wings Water Gremlin has
  • It comes in many sizes
  • The single size containers dispense one shot at a time
It's also the preferred brand of most UK carp fisherman and carp in heavily pressured waters are 1000 times spookier than trout.

That being said, I also wouldn't worry about shiny shot spooking trout in the first place. I only tried Dinsmores because a supplier I buy BFS and micro fishing stuff from sold it.

My favorite non-toxic removable shot of late are the Loon Black Drops. Matte black color and they are the easiest shot to remove and reuse. Just put your finger nail in the slit and they open right up.

Back