Greetings

A

ArmyFlyGuy

Just thought I would say "hi". I just started fly fishing about three weeks ago. I attended an all day clinic (3 weeks ago) for $5.00 (the best $5.00 I have ever spent) and have been hooked since. Pretty much go everyday after work. I am stationed down here at Ft Bragg, NC. So there are plenty of large and smallmouths, panfish, catfish, etc but unfortunately no trout right here where I am at, if I go west about 4 hours then apparently there are some nice browns in the appalachians, haven't made it out there yet. I lived in York County, PA for a while (still have family there) and will be going up there for the upcoming holiday and can't wait to get into some trout fishing.
Just thought I would tell you all a little about me and trust me sooner or later I will have some questions to post.
Josh

Maurice, one of our moderators, lives in York County and can clue you in on some good fishing down there. I like Muddy Creek a lot, especially when you do some brush busting and get away from the crowds. It's a pretty stream and the TU chapter is doing a lot on it to make it a better for holdover and wild fish.

I'm sure those bass are going to keep you entertained enough that you may not make to the mountains any time soon. Still, it'll be worth the trip when you go. Some of the guys from the board hit the Great Smoky Mountains park the last couple years and have had a great time. I'm told the Holston and Wataga rivers are not to be missed. Great smallmouth and trout fishing on both. You may want to get a copy of the Flyfishing Guide to the Southern Appalachians

Welcome aboard. The army has a fine heritage of producing flyfisherman. Maybe someday you could transfer to Ft. Rich in Anchorage :lol:

Don't overlook the tailwater fisheries in GA. If you ever return back to PA I am sure that some of us would be more than willing to take you around.

Dear ArmyFlyGuy,

If you learned to fly fish for $ 5.00 you should bottle what you learned and sell it dude. You could make some sweet coin. Most of us have at least hundred's and even thousand's of dollars wrapped up in this game and we are still spending money on it! :-D

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

hello! yes most guys on this board are more than willing to answer any questions you have. also directions and stream locations are available, just ask! :-D

Back