Green lane Res

S

springer1

Has anyone fly fished Green Lane Res for Crappie or Bluegill? Is it OK to wade there or is it necessary to fish from a boat?

Crappie and bluegill fishing can be excellent. You can wade or shore fish but a boat really ups your chances of a great day. The lake has many coves and inlets which fish well but are difficult to reach on foot. you can rent a rowboat at the park office.

I could be mistaken but I think you are not allowed to wade in green lane res as it's a no swimming area. I remember a couple I know almost got in trouble there as they waded in with their dogs on a hot summer day.

I could be mistaken though, might want to call the park and double check.

Even if it's not allowed though you could probably get away with it up in the areas by knights bridge and over toward upper perk high school as I don't think it's as heavily watched as the area down toward the dam and the boat rentals.

Another good option is down in green lane at deep creek lake and even below that dam where the perkiomen continues down under the closed iron bridge.

That's my nightfishing neck of the woods and I've even heard stories of a musky or two caught down that way.

Good luck

PASKIINGSUCKS wrote:
I could be mistaken but I think you are not allowed to wade in green lane res as it's a no swimming area. I remember a couple I know almost got in trouble there as they waded in with their dogs on a hot summer day.

I could be mistaken though, might want to call the park and double check.

Even if it's not allowed though you could probably get away with it up in the areas by knights bridge and over toward upper perk high school as I don't think it's as heavily watched as the area down toward the dam and the boat rentals.

Another good option is down in green lane at deep creek lake and even below that dam where the perkiomen continues down under the closed iron bridge.

That's my nightfishing neck of the woods and I've even heard stories of a musky or two caught down that way.

Good luck

No wading allowed in Green Lane Park at Deep Creek. Not sure about the rest of the Park and the rest of the reservoir.

Would be tough to fly fish w/o wading there. So I guess fly fishing is out unless a boat /canoe is rented or quarantined there for 10 days before use (their regulation).

just a heads up to launch a boat there it now cost 75 bucks to buy a membership. I went there with the yak and so guy came over after I took everything off and said I had to buy one to kayak there. I will say it was a great lake but im not paying 75 beans to a place that I only fish once or twice a year. wade fishing is not allowed but you could probably get away this it.

there also a few jetty like things you can fish from.

I thought I heard that.

If you're one that likes to ignore laws, not that I advocate that kind of thing, the blue or red trail would get you to many spots where you could wade and get away with it. Just hop out of the water if you hear a motor boat ha. Oh and don't forget to quarantine your waders for a week prior ;)

IMO there is much better fishing to be had around that area besides the res. or deep creek.

Green Lane and Deep Creek both suck now. Largemouth population declined in Deep Creek. Too many regs at Green Lane. If you fish below the dam at Deep Creek you just get into a ton of rock bass. If you walk about 3/4 a mile down the stream under the iron bridge there are some nice smallmouth though.

go further down than that and you'll get into all kinds of good stuff. The Unami confluence is down there and has easy parking due to the perkiomen trail. Nami is heavily stocked with trout and loaded with smally.

I know a guy that fishes the res regularly and he gets all kinds of good largemouth. Might be worth renting a boat at green lane for a day. They are wide flatbottom boats I'm sure you could easily cast a fly outta one, hell if I can fly cast from sitting in my kayak I'm sure you could do it outta one of those.

Back