Green Drake

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Something to think about this winter while tying your GD imitations. The fly pattern in the video looks pretty good >

So...you drink some bourbon, then tie on the magical bodies that fell from the sky?

Cool vid. Thanks for sharing.

The pre-made bodies seem a bit like cheating...until they help land a horse like that brown. I mean, it's not like he used lively legs (kd).

Am I the only one who thinks he sounded like a women's tennis player when he was playing that fish? ;)

Steeltrap wrote:
So...you drink some bourbon, then tie on the magical bodies that fell from the sky?

And then drink some more bourbon ... I’m thinking the bourbon is a pretty critical component.

Cool video, thanks Afish.

I enjoyed it. Was that a Western or Eastern Green Drake? Looked very dark. What is the point of having an expensive reel like that if you are not going to use it?

riverwhy wrote:
I enjoyed it. Was that a Western or Eastern Green Drake? Looked very dark. What is the point of having an expensive reel like that if you are not going to use it?

I believe the video is from somewhere in Europe or Scandinavia.

Thank you posting very well made video. Loved the rises to the drakes.

Those don't appear to be commercially made bodies. Looking like the poly on a needle type.

*was I the only one who was thrown off by his backward wrapping technique?

Impeccable sound, camera and editing for all of those Carpe Diem videos. I have downloaded most of them to usb stick to plug in to the blu ray player to view on the big screen. You lose the translation that way but no matter. The superb Trout Heaven trilogy includes this Green Drake clip (Ephemera Danica in the UK and Europe).

I am going to do some of those bodies next year for big Cahills and late season Hexagenia.

DGC wrote:
Impeccable sound, camera and editing for all of those Carpe Diem videos. I have downloaded most of them to usb stick to plug in to the blu ray player to view on the big screen. You lose the translation that way but no matter. The superb Trout Heaven trilogy includes this Green Drake clip (Ephemera Danica in the UK and Europe).

I am going to do some of those bodies next year for big Cahills and late season Hexagenia.

Thanks for the heads-up! I checked out other Carpe Diem videos on youtube.

Here a small stream / boo rod one that's very entertaining. Listening to the audio, the language and laughter of having fun fishing is comes through and is universal in any language.

KevinHoss wrote:

*was I the only one who was thrown off by his backward wrapping technique?

I’m thinking it must be a European thing.

Back