Great Deal On Olympus Waterproof Cameras $139

jdaddy

jdaddy

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=OMSTT6000Y

$139 no tax, free shipping. Selling for $185 - $250 on other sites like Ritz, Amazon, etc. Buydig is a reputable company.

Product Features

* 10-megapixel resolution for photo-quality, poster-size prints
* Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof and shakeproof
* 3.6x wide-angle optical dual image stabilized zoom
* 2.7-inch Advanced HyperCrystal III LCD screen
* Compatible with xD Picture Cards and microSD memory cards (not included)

Technical Details

* Brand name: Olympus
* Model number: STYLUS TOUGH-6000
* Color: Yellow
* Waterproof: Equivalent to IEC60529 IPX8/JISC0920 (10 feet/3 meters)
* Shockproof: MIL-STD-810F Shock Equivalent (5 feet/1.5 meters)
* Freezeproof: MIL-STD-810F Low Temp Equivalent (minus 10 degrees C/14 degrees F)
* Aperture: f3.5 (W) / f5.1 (T)
* Display: 2.7 inch HyperCrystalTM II LCD with Backlight Boost
* Power Source: Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-50B), AC Adapter (D-7AC) with the optional DC Coupler (CB-MA1)
* Storage Media: 42MB Internal Memory, xD-Picture Card (1GB, 2GB), microSD (MASD-1 is required)
* Optical Zoom: 3.6x
* Digital Zoom: 5x
* Minimum Focal Length: 0.8 inches
* Maximum Focal Length: infinity
* Focus Modes: iESP Auto, Spot Auto Focus, Face Detection Auto Focus
* Focus Type: CCD Contrast Detection
* Focus Range: 5 to 18.2 millimeters
* Exposure Metering: Digital ESP Metering, Spot Metering, Face Detection AE (when Face Detection AF is selected)
* Exposure Compensation: Plus or minus EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
* Picture Quality: 10 megapixels
* Shooting Modes: Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, Beauty Mode, 14 Scene Modes, Movie
* Shutter Speed: 1/2000 second to 1/4 second; Up to 4 seconds in Night Scene mode
* White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten and 3 Fluorescents
* Light Sensitivity: Auto, High Auto, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
* Minimum Flash Range: 0.33 feet
* Maximum Flash Range: 13.1 feet
* Included Flash Types: Auto, Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-in, Off
* File Formats: Still Image: JPEG Movie: AVI Motion JPEG
* Width: 3.8 inches
* Depth: 0.88 inch
* Height: 2.5 inches
* Weight: 5.3 ounces
* What's in the box: STYLUS Tough-6000 Digital Camera, USB Cable, Audio/ Video Cable, Manual, Wrist Strap, Lithium-Ion Battery (LI-42B) and Charger (LI-41C), Olympus Master 2 Software CD-ROM, Warranty Card, MASD-1 (microSD Adapter)

anyone have one? or know about cameras to say this is a good one.

I would say that is a great camera. I have an Olympus Stylus 850 SW(Shock & Waterproof) I bought it last year and love it. They take great photographs. Closeups are really good. I don't think you will be sorry! My camera is 8MP. That camera is 10MP. I would say you can't go wrong. The price is right!

Before you spend money on a camera, go see what people with an axe to grind say about shutter lag.

If there's no complaints, then continue to consider it..if they all say its long or slow stay away you'll never be happy with it.

I also have that camera. My only beef is that the zoom isn't very strong. Taken underwater video and stills. Picture quality is good. Camera has a bunch of modes and goodies to play with too. For $139, I'd jump on it. Get extra 2G card and 2 batteries. I found a guy on ebay for 2G card and one guy for batteries that are long lasting and cheap.

Shutter lag? A bit but I have never used one without some lag and models without are most likely way out of my price range.

Sight nymph, you are correct about the zoom in our cameras. It is only 3X. That feature really does not bother me. I bought the camera just for fishing and take many more closeups so the weak zoom feature is no big deal. I still have not stuck it underwater. Did you have any problems with it after a good soaking?

No issues when getting the camera wet. I still get nervous when sticking it in the river to take an underwater photo but it's working after 2 yrs of abuse. I think a dab of Vaseline on the gaskets every year will keep them flexible and sealing tight.

Thanks for the info. One of these days I'll get brave and stick it underwater.

Redsun

I have the Olympus 1030SW waterproof camera. I took the first picture at Penns during the Jam if you recall. It is a great little stream camera and has 10.1 mp. It's not nearly as nice as my Canon 7D on image quality but I take the thing with me most of the time fishing. I'm not concerned about the zoom, my shots are typically 28mm equivelant, which is on the wide end.

Here are some shots with my cheapo Circuit City closeout waterproof jobbie. It's built solid out of metal and is the size of a deck of cards.

Also, if you recall I took a swim in Penn's while fishing, head to toe. I also have some underwater photo's, I even stuck the thing in a pitcher of beer in video mode at a local bar just for some good laughs. Never had a problem. Only thing I don't like is the metal lens cover that flips up when you turn the camera off. If you get a lot of grit in there it may not want to flip open and turn on, the newer models don't have the cover.

Here is an under water video I took last summer.

Attachments

• Exiting the Tunnel.JPG
    Exiting the Tunnel.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 7404.JPG
    7404.JPG
    473 KB · Views: 4
  • 1008.JPG
    1008.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 2
Watch how much money you spend on your "fishing" camera, A few years back i dropped some coin on decent water proof job and for the first year I took pic's almost every outting. After about 20 trips and 200 to 300 trout pictures I got sick of it now I have a nice water proof camera that sits in the truck! How many fish pictures do you really need? There just fish if you forget what they look like just do a google search they all look alike!

You never know when you're going to wish you had a camera, and that moment in time happens and you were there.

Sometimes, even the greatest photos were just accidents in time.

Back