Grays Run Lycoming County any public access?

P

PaScoGi

Is the "entire" stream posted? According to Keystone Fly Fishing book there is access for public as long as its not near the club. But today there were posted signs along the entire road. Anyone fish it recently?

Been a couple years since I’ve been there but a decent stretch of it (downstream from the club water) is in Loyalsock SF, publicly owned land. A couple miles worth of stream probably. (Check out Loyalsock SF maps online to confirm the stretch I’m talking about.)

If someone has posted that stretch, I’d let the DCNR know. Unless it’s the DCNR posting it temporarily for some reason, that’d be an illegal posting.

This stretch was not posted the last time I was there, 2021 or 2022 sometime IIRC.

Lots of maps out available, dcnr has several interactive maps online that clearly shows state forest land boundaries.

Short answer, no they entire stream is not posted but there is some private property including a large hunting club in the headwaters.

My experience on most of the Sullivan and Lycoming Co small streams in Loyalsock and Lycoming Creek watersheds is that they fish very poorly during the winter compared to summer.

Today the road said "Permits Only" and "No Seneca Traffic". Plus there was a security booth. Got weird vibes maybe fracking?

Yeah. It’s been like that for a while. They’re doing something up on the hillside to the east. Just bear left at that split and wave to the security guy. They don’t want any heavy truck traffic on the road along the creek.

Were there posted signs along the creek itself in that area? That’s the SF land stretch I was talking about, and if there are, that would be new since I was last there. If there isn’t, you’re fine to fish there. (If there are, that’s the scenario I’d recommend reporting to DCNR.) But assuming not, just mind the SF boundaries on the maps, and I’d probably park upstream of that split in the road and the security shack, as to not be in the way of the truck traffic.

That area has been full of gas traffic for more than a decade. In the mid 2010s the gas companies tried to ban all private vehicle use on Hagerman run rd and grays run, it was a mess. Honestly though during that time you wouldn't have choked on dust out there anyhow.

I don't think they can keep you out and there's private land at the end of those roads that have to be able to access their property. There was enough parking for several vehicles just above the T if you go up the lower grays run.

"Permits Only" and "No Seneca Traffic" fracing signs pay no attention, they are all over up here

Back