Grandpa Took Me Fishing!

BelAirSteve

BelAirSteve

So I experienced a milestone as a Grandpa that everyone should look forward too....taking my Granddaughter Leah fishing for the first time. It's not fly fishing, but I'm gonna post it anyway!

We went to two different local ponds and what a day we had! Her first fish was a 6" catfish on her brand-spanking-new Disney Princess fishing rod. And it was all her...totally legit, with the exception of the cast. She did catch two more on her casts, but I am still a little cautious about sending her home to Mom and Dad with a hook stuck in the back of her head!

We then moved on to a second pond, and caught the bluegill and the monster catfish in the pic. I actually landed it for her, since I did not want that fish to yank the rod out of her hand.

Note the Hello Kitty fedora, which we picked up at Target the day before...that is now her "Fishing Hat." Or as she would say, her "Wishing At."

Attachments

• Leah_First_Fish.jpg
    Leah_First_Fish.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Leah_Bluegill.jpg
    Leah_Bluegill.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Leah_Big_Catfish.jpg
    Leah_Big_Catfish.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2
Love it! Way to go. Looks like she had fun!

That is just awesome for both of you. Great job!

GenCon

Great job. I have no littleuns of my own but my GF has three, 10, 6, and 5. Seeing how excited they get casting or catching just adds another joy to spending time near the water. I also have a wishing Fedora, although it's a stetson and not a hello kitty.

Those Disney Princess rods are top of the line! Have 2 in the garage and a Sponge Bob for a back up for my little one. I am still trying to teach her not to drop the rod and run when the fish jumps a little. Baby steps!

THAT is what it's all about.

Back