Grand slam

L

LouM

Caught Tiger , brookie, Bow and brown on the perkiomen this morning. Also sucker chub and green sunfish.

Has anyone ever caught a tiger, brook, brown, rainbow, palomino in the same day?

Very cool Lou.

All species except for the palomino the same day as I was fishing a Class A stream.

I'll bet ya Hank Patterson does it all the time. Just ask him. Do Cuttyrainbrowns' (they are native to the North Fork) count as a hat trick?

congrats louey, your gettin better at worm dunkin !!!

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Has anyone ever caught a tiger, brook, brown, rainbow, palomino in the same day?
I have caught four of the five( brook,brown,rainbow,golden rainbow) on the same day from the same stream.

Very cool Lou.

I have.
But not on the same stream.
Caught a brown, brook, rainbow, and tiger trout from Dunbar creek.
And later that day, caught a palomino in the Yough river - of which Dunbar creek runs into

Been flyfishing for 45 years and never caught a palamino much less a tiger. Seems as though I need to get my rear in gear and quick.

Aint worm its garden hackle shhhh.

I apparently caught the holy grail yesterday. A blue and I mean tyd bowl blue, rainbow trout. I was hesitant to touch as it could have had super powers or toxic skin, but it was blue over the top half and washed out silver under the lateral stripe. Another fisherman was floating by and took a few phone pics of it. I keep thinking I've seen it all but then stuff like this happens. Weird

That sure is impressive. I've managed the trifecta several times, but never a grand salami

caught brookie, brown, rainbow, and golden out of the same hole, but no tiger.

Caught all but golden on yellow creek one day as well.

Great job!

Very cool Lou.

Palomino is a cross between WV Golden rainbow freak and a regular rainbow and I doubt that happens outside of a hatchery. Since the Fish Commission hasn't stocked a "Palomino" in decades, would a stocked freak golden rainbow trout count?

Yea, very cool Lou.

BTW, Stocked. :p

Some short bearded guy who was at the Jam caught a beautiful tiger trout this past weekend. He showed me the picture, but I'll let him tell the story if he wants.

just_jon wrote:
Been flyfishing for 45 years and never caught a palamino much less a tiger. Seems as though I need to get my rear in gear and quick.

I've been fishing about the same amount of time, and never caught a golden rainbow or palomino one on purpose. :)

Back