Got My Fly Reel Back From Hydrographing Today!

Rutjustrut

Rutjustrut

Just got my fly reel back today from Duckville Imaging, they did an awesome job. This was my Okuma Sanibel reel.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Rugjeustrut, that is pretty interesting. Can you tell us a little more about who did this work and what something like that would cost? The imagination runs wild with what folks could do with this.

it was done by a company called Duckville Imaging, located in Indiana (state). He has a page full of designs to choose from... like camo, wood grain etc.. and for a fly reel its right around 50$ including shipping both ways.

http://www.duckvilleimaging.com/

Did you get a clear coat put on it? I was wondering if that is possible given the tolerances of reels.

yes, from my understanding they sand blast all metals then prime it with an automobile primer, then they continue on with the dipping process and clear coat and bake it. it has a 1 year warranty wich covers any kind of lifting, cracking or peeling of the surface but its a very durable finish, its more popular with guns and scopes and stocks so if it lasts on a gun stock why not a fly reel. the quality of the work looks great.

Oh, hell no.. I've been out be-dazzled.

I have heard of this company before. Pretty kool stuff. I wouldn't have gone for the art work you chose but, then again to each his own. If it works for you that's what counts. I gotta check out the web site. Good fotos too. Hope it holds up for you.

gfen wrote:

Oh, hell no.. I've been out be-dazzled.

Here we go. A whole series of "Jolly Rodger" Floogers is on the way.

There's the fix for your Abel, BTW.

Think I am sending a reel in to get bedazzled! Carbon fiber fits my fancy.

Garry you should actually get your reel bedazzled with photo's of bedazzles.

LRSABecker wrote:
Think I am sending a reel in to get bedazzled! Carbon fiber fits my fancy.

Dude. Chocolate chip cookie.......'nuff said.

One giant chocolate chip cookie? LOL

I'm okay with it (looks good). You just have to watch the all show and no go!!

Joe E

beadhead2 wrote:
I forgot your a bunch of yinzers

It's funny how us "yinzers" are made fun of how we talk, but I've seen several Philthidelphians not know how to spell YOU'RE!

ryguyfi wrote:
beadhead2 wrote:
I forgot your a bunch of yinzers

It's funny how us "yinzers" are made fun of how we talk, but I've seen several Philthidelphians not know how to spell YOU'RE!

YOUR right!............ :lol:

ryguyfi wrote:

Youse right, thank babby jesus I'm none of the above.

Back