Got Hungry. Ate a Piece of Cheese

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

I got a bit hungry as I finished tying this fly so I got a slice of Dubliner Kerrygold cheese, imported from Ireland, out of the refrigerator to eat. I just might call this fly Kerrygold, but only if the trout find it as tasty as I dId the cheese. 🧀

Image0

Very nice, John. What’s your hackle? Really heavily webbed feather.
That‘s a Hungarian Partridge that I dyed brown several years ago.

A friend of mine that I fished a lot with in Montana tied large Prince Nymphs using brown dyed Hungarian Partridge, and he caught lots of large trout by fishing that fly down and across like you would do salmon fishing, which he also did a lot of, so that’s why I originally dyed that skin.

This is my recent version of the Spanish Needle
View attachment 1641233393

Those flies look good enough to eat!, and that looks like it might be a spool of Pearsall’s silk thread that you used for the body. ?

I also used Pearsall’s silk thread for the body of my fly, in a color that I believe is called Sherry Spinner. A guy had been asking $99.00 for one spool of that color on EBay, but he’s recently reduced his price to only $87.00! Because that thread is so expensive I might change the name of my fly from Kerrygold, named after the cheese, to Sherrygold, named after the price of a single spool that thread. 😊

Back