Got a new #2

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Just bought a another TfO, a 7'3" 2 weight, stuck a cheapy 1492 Medalist reel on it, think I might take one of the clicker springs out to make the drag a bit lighter. The rod is a four piece so it will be great for hiking.

I can't wait to get the rod out for some bluegills and sunnies. And the occasional wild brown or brookie stream.

I think it might be my new favorite for Clarks, Stony, and Codorus Creek.

I think you can just flip the pawl on it's side so it no longer engages the spool. Or maybe that's what you meant? I was also under the impression that one pawl was oriented for right hand retrieve and the other was for left hand, but I could be wrong about that. It's been a while since I've gotten my hand on a 1492.

Kev

I have a 1492. While I am not sure about this, I have found that I can vary the tension by using one clicker, two clickers, or no clickers. I'm not sure if that's how it's intended to work, but it works.

So if that's what you mean, Jake, I think it'll work. It was hard to take line without stressing the rod a lot with two clickers. I use it on my 4wt, since it's pretty heavy for its size.

The medalist had to go, I replaced it with a Greys Streamlite 2/3, which is an awesome little real with a great lightweight drag.

Back