Goosy adams tying video

JohnnyUtah

JohnnyUtah

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYtGNbSO3mY[/youtube]

Yawn....

Now, now. Read the guidelines.

It would hook more fish if it were tied on a Tmc 101

I don't wanna read when I watch a video...

It's like subtitles at a movie... yuck.

That is a nice video on how to tie a Klinkhammer. Good job on the production. However, calling it "My Goosy Adams" is a bit pretentious, don't you think?
Oh, and shouldn't it be "Goosey" as in Goosey Lucy?

Who cares what he calls the Klinkhammer.. Since It's basically the norm now a days with fly tiers. Example: Take a look at the modern midge book. You will see many fly tiers doing the exact same thing. It's like they give a fly a new name just by changing out one item on an existing pattern that is already well known.

Maybe we should give this Utah Kid some +1's..
Since his videos are better to watch then reading banter posts.

So keep at it John. I'm learning from each and every one of them.

Peace!!!

Old timers see it as sad.
About 40 years ago there was an attempt to patent flies.We rebuked that move by avoiding buying any.There was also an unwritten gentlemens' agreement that credit would always be given where credit was due.No more it seems.
Nothing against this fly or tyer as I don't the history,just reflecting on the remark that anything goes.

I agree with you 100%. but some guys today still give props to the original tier when they post a pattern up. And i notice this Mr. Utah character does that as well as a few other local tiers. I think it's mainly the guys out west who like to put a name on things and never say who the inventor of the original fly pattern was.

I dunno - there seems to be some controversy about who actually designed the Adams.

History of the Adams

Just mentioning the name Adams seems to me to be appropriate and sufficient credit, IMO.

HA...+1 Thanks for sharing a great read.

"He also had the interesting habit of taking a 20 minute nap after lunch, no matter where he was."

That'd be awesome!

JackM wrote:
It is.

As I'm sure you've learned in these past few threads here, nobody likes a bragger!

I myself enjoyed the vid, at least he is willing to show his talent. unlike some others.

Thank you zip, Thank you sandfly.

jjsjigs wrote:
I don't wanna read when I watch a video...

It's like subtitles at a movie... yuck.

I haven't watched the video yet but if it has subtitles that's something as a HOH person I would appreciate. Not enough tying videos have them.

Dear wsender,

You ought to watch a couple of them.

Maybe everyone won't get the same benefit I got from them, but I found them to be well worth watching.

They clearly demonstrated a number different techniques that I thought I had sort of figured out on my own. After viewing the videos I discovered the little steps I was missing and now things come easier.

Keep 'em coming Johnny!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back