Good Bleached Yearling Elk

drakeking412

drakeking412

I'm Looking for a good source of elk hair to tie my most used dry pattern, you guessed it, EHC. I've bought four separate pieces from Orvis, 2x in natural, 1 in bleached, and 1 in coastal deer hair I think. None of them have the lighter cream color hairs I am looking for. Maybe I'm buying the wrong thing? I'm looking for a more hands on dealer where I could maybe even see pictures of the hair, I started getting hackle off a PA guy on etsy and its phenomenal. I'd just like to get something similar in quality and price.

Thanks guys

Have you tried Nature's Spirit? They produce some fantastic deer and elk hair varieties.

Not yet but that's next on the list. Everything natures spirit seems to be high quality

Like SteveG said, Natures Spirit. Their hair is bleached cream/white. Appropriate for the Troth Elk Hair Caddis. For some reason Wapsi/ Hareline stopped bleaching elk hair cream/white. Their hair is a ginger/tan color. Not sure why?

Jim

Yo drak

When it comes to hair for tying, I go to Blue Ribbon Flies in West Jellystone. Give them a call.

I did end up ordering a couple spirit packs today, we'll see how they look.

Also les you're like the third person just today to recommend Blue Ribbon. One guy showed a sample and it was exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone

drakekng:

Keep us informed on the conclusion searching for lighter cream color elk hair.

Good information.

Back