Giving pond

GenCon

GenCon

Anyone ever FF Giving pond in Bucks County? I went the other night with a friend of mine. We put a canoe in. Did not have much time. It is a very cool place. Lots of standing timber and islands. Caught a couple of small LM, small crappies. My buddy had about a 5lb carp on a Motos minnow. Not alot of action. But like I said it is a very cool place to fish. Anyone else ever fish it. If so how did you do?

Thanks,

GenCon

GenCon, I fish the giving pond occasionally in my toon. As you mentioned, there is some action for LM and pan fish.

Beeber, have you seen any fish of size there? I caught a couple of small bass. The bluegills I saw where really tiny 3''. Are there any pickerel.

Thanks,

GenCon

Gee, I remember taking river jack and sand out of that hole, there were fish in the flooded sections... Fish deep i would say...

GenCon: Check the stocking records on the PFBC web page. Then add some other species for those that have entered the lake from the Delaware R when it is high........stripers and SMB for example.

GenCon, I fished there Sunday in my pontoon boat because the moving water was high. I got there at 7 am and there were already 3 trailers there, I guess they had the same idea. It was a nice morning but the action was slow, nonexistent in fact. I saw a few splashes here and there but no one catching fish. This is a close pond for me, though I will probably be fishing elsewhere next time.

I've had some of my best carp fishing here.
Like others have said, small bass and crappie too.

there are a couple larger bass there, 2-3 lb. range, and there are tons of carp. i was there on the spawn before i really knew much about carp fishing and all the jumping had me going crazy.

Nealfish, where are you from in Bucks?

GenCon

You need to explore the lake some more. Some individuals are catching a number of very nice crappie, yellow perch, and largemouth, but they said they lose a lot of lures doing so.

Back