Girls and fishing

S

Squaretail

Img_6367.jpg

With the passing of my mother finally happening, Nomorecornchuckin graciously asked me if I'd like to come to his cabin with his daughters. No electric, phone, cable. I almost backed out.
With the passing of the oldest female of the family I spent time with some of the newer females of the family that I hadn't really met before. This is Hannah with her first rainbow.
Img_6371.jpg

Riley wasn't far behind as they more or less took turns in the only area we could find a pack of stockies willing to take bait.
Img_6373.jpg

Although 2 rainbows were harvested, once what would be eaten were caught, all others were released. The girls agreed to get the fish to the bank while still in the water and Nomorecornchuckin watched me play guide with his daughters and I showed them the bent mandable on this fish and reminded them that someone else had released it to be caught another day and they had no problem watching it swim away.
Img_6372.jpg

It was a suprising feeling I came away with this past weekend. I wasn't able to put a flyrod in there hands, it was Elk creek not the Breeches, but I enjoyed helping them catch fish almost as much as they did themselves. It really helped put some time between the passing of my mother with some enjoyment on top of it. I fished and caught some too, but I am fonder of the memories of the girls fishing more than my own. Its a rare day when I write those words.
Damn kids.

I need to find myself a girl like that....

Squaretail,

Sorry for your loss, and I'm glad you you had a good time. You deserved it.
JH

I'm sorry for your loss, and I commend you for looking forward and passing your love of the outdoors along.

Again, wonderful pix!
Sorry for your loss. My mom passed away also. I have three daughters and I took them fishing a couple times......... but they really don't like it very much. Even in a boat, they get bored very easily and don't like the hot sun or the bugs.
My daughters would rather go shopping, but the few times I took them fishing, I had a wonderful time.
Different strokes for different folks.

That is great. I think more women would fish if someone would just take the time to take them. I met my girlfriend 4 years ago and she never camped or fished in her life. Well, if she was going to hang out with me, she was going to have to do these things. She now loves camping and fishing. She is quite the fisherwoman too. My next step is to teach her to fly fish, but I wanted her to learn the basics of bait fishing first. She is fascinated by fly fishing. I plan on teaching her through the winter and hopefull by the spring, she will be able to catch a few.

Troy

My wife is over 50 and she has chuckled throughout the years at me and fly fishing with all its funny moments. Three weeks ago my son took her to the pond and a fly fisherwoman was born. She casts about 15 feet and usualy out fishes me. I guess its never to late to pick something new up and my hat is off the the ladies in the pics. we need more. I lost my custom 7 ft. 4 wt. but its a small price to pay.

What an awesome weekend that was, Squaretail. I really need to thank you for coming with us. My daughters not only learned so much from you and gained some new insight about what fishing and enjoying the world we are blessed with but they were blessed by getting to know a truly good Man. They liked you the first minute they met you. They talked about you all the way home. They asked me to tell them all kinds of stories about us when we were young and truly wanted to know all about you. They consider you their "New Uncle" and really appreciate you as a person, friend and family member they will cherish always. Seeing you Today (Sunday) was wonderful. You had so much on your plate but you stood strong through it all. You are a Strong Man and you are a Good Man. Thank you for being part of my and my family's life!

Dear squaretail,

I'm sorry for your loss. What goes around comes around, and you shared good times with good friends in the outdoors. That is something that can't be bought.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Back