Giant Tree Down on Penns Below Coburn

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

Fished Penns Wednesday evening. About 300 yards downstream from Stillhouse Hollow Rd. Standing in the water waiting for fish to rise. About 10 guys above me and 10 below (as far as I could see). I heard a cracking sound upstream. A very large tree cracked near its base and fell into the water! The largest tree I have ever seen come down. For the next 15 minutes or so tree debris floated past. The tree is about 50 yards upstream from Stillhouse Hollow.

Fished Penns Wednesday evening. About 300 yards downstream from Stillhouse Hollow Rd. Standing in the water waiting for fish to rise. About 10 guys above me and 10 below (as far as I could see). I heard a cracking sound upstream. A very large tree cracked near its base and fell into the water! The largest tree I have ever seen come down. For the next 15 minutes or so tree debris floated past. The tree is about 50 yards upstream from Stillhouse Hollow.
If nobody was around, it wouldn’t have made a sound

Free stream structure! AS long as it didn't pull a bunch of bank in with it.
The one big willow on the far bank of the 'granny riffle' of the bridge at the upper RR tunnel fell in some years ago. It was a stalwart and when it fell in, it took a chunk of bank with it.

Free stream structure! AS long as it didn't pull a bunch of bank in with it.
The one big willow on the far bank of the 'granny riffle' of the bridge at the upper RR tunnel fell in some years ago. It was a stalwart and when it fell in, it took a chunk of bank with it.
I do not think this tree falling took any of the bank. It looks like it cracked about 3 feet from the ground but it was almost dark when I went by.

Back