Getting bored

E

Ed007

Hello everyone,

I live in Washington pa and I am looking for new water to fish. I am willing to travel about 90 minutes to get to the stream I fish Meadow Run, the Neshannock and the Loyalhanna, but I'm getting so bored seeing the same water. Im not asking for a secret spot, just the name of some streams that have fish. I work about 70 ours a week and ave 2 small children, so I don't have a lot of time to just go exploring. I appreciate any help you can give. Hope you a great 2021. Happy New Year. Cheers ????

If I really wanted to fish now, I would go to a true limestone stream.
Springs come out of the ground at 50 degrees year round, providing ice free water that should have a decent temp.

Unfortunately, the closest ones to us are 2 - 3 hour drive away.
If you would want to make a drive like that, I would go to Yellow or Spring creeks

I live near you in North Strabane Twp. I like to fish the Yough near Ohiopyle to the east and to the north Sugar Creek near Franklin. Sugar is closer to 1:45 mins drive for me but next decent stream north of Neshannock. Little Sandy Creek is another option that is a little closer than Sugar but fairly small.

Smallmouth bass fishing options are a little easier and closer. The lower Yough to the east and French Creek to the north are good wadeable options when water levels are in good shape.

Every extra 15 mins of driving opens up more options both east and north of you.

Good luck!

Ed007 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I live in Washington pa and I am looking for new water to fish. I am willing to travel about 90 minutes to get to the stream I fish Meadow Run, the Neshannock and the Loyalhanna, but I'm getting so bored seeing the same water. Im not asking for a secret spot, just the name of some streams that have fish. I work about 70 ours a week and ave 2 small children, so I don't have a lot of time to just go exploring. I appreciate any help you can give. Hope you a great 2021. Happy New Year. Cheers ????

Take the turnpike and head east. It adds up to only a little longer drive time for some good wild trout waters. Yellow Creek stands out for starters. There are a number of such waters that are pretty close to "sure things."

Heck, plenty of smaller waters in the highlands if you are into that too.

The bottom line is that you are driving to fish Neshannock, just try driving in a different direction. If you are truly bored, start fishing random creeks you know nothing about. Just do a little research online, pick a few to check out and go do it. With the info available on the PAFBC site alone, it' easy to narrow it down and find places that are worth your while.

Unless you can't stand to strike out sometimes...

The Yough is big water and flows a long way. It would take years of exploring to learn it well. And below the trout section there are smallmouth and carp.

There are also places to fish for bass and panfish close to where you live.

Also, in the winter time, if you get cabin fever, just go to the nearest public land and go for a walk.

There’s some nice water in Garrett County, MD that would be within the range you’d like to go.

I would also recommend fishing random streams. Pull up the fish and boat map, find a natural reproduction stream within a reasonable distance, find a stretch that runs through public land, and have at it. Even if you don’t catch much, you can scratch the adventure itch.

70 hours a week? I would shoot myself or try for another job.

Back