Gander Mountain Chest Pack

kelso2340

kelso2340

Picked up the gander mountain chest pack over christmas. Finally got to give it a try and love it. I recommend this pack. Good price to at 40.00. Has a nice size zipper compartment in the front with very large pack in the back. Zippers,clips, and buckles all seem very strong.

Picture or link? I recently switched from a vest to a chest pack and really like mine as well. Mine is from Bass Pro. Its the White River Fly Shop Spring Creek Technical Chest Pack. It is small, but has made me downsize and only take the stuff I really need.

This is the one I have and love it.
http://www.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Deluxe-Technical-Chest-Pack/product/91536/113567

There are some really cool features with this pack

1) It is a sling pack as well as a chest pack(comes with 2 different neck straps.

2)Has a hidden fly magnet which is REALLY handy for switching flies.

3)Plently of storage and when I say plenty I mean WAY more than you would ever need or should ever take with you for that matter.

4)This pack is very well made both in durability and finish. It should last many seasons.

5)Has lots of room on the outside for accesories including 4 leather zinger tabs, 2 hemo loops and 2 net loops. 1 on top 1 on the bottom.

There are many zipperd pockets inside the compartments for odds and ends. with a fly bench to finish it off. This pack is also nice for kayaking and canoeing. It is the most versatile pack i've ever owned.

Just a heads up the Spring Creek Technical Chest Pack is only a chest pack NOT both. I had this one first and returned it for the Deluxe for the ability to switch (chest pack/sling pack) and for a little more room. I would recomend either one.

Another heads up...they're going on sale at the end of the month during the Spring Fishing Classic.

Good stuff DD. Kinda wish I had known all that before I got mine but I'm still happy with what I got. Thanks for the heads up on the sale coming up.

I looked at the Gander Mountain site and I dont think they have it there anymore. It was on sale for 40.00 for a long time. Maybe it was clearance trying to get rid of stock?

Hmmm... that pack from Bass Pro does look nice.

I have a Fishpond Waterdance fanny pack that I use on the River when we are spin fishing. I was thinking about getting a Fishpond chest pack to replace my fly vest. I'm going to look into that Bass Pro back further.

I kinda dig this pack:

http://www.riverbum.com/Rising-Flask-Pack/

Back