Furry foam from "old fashion regular foam"

C

ChuckofWagon

Can you do something to regular foam to make it look like the furry foam? Sandpaper? File? Power saw? (Well, maybe not that)

Can you do something to regular foam to make it look like the furry foam? Sandpaper? File? Power saw? (Well, maybe not that)
Furry foam isn't just EVA craft foam with a fuzzy coating, so you won't actually be able to create a close imitation. The furry foam is more like soft sponge cushion foam with a fuzzy fabric layer.

However, craft stores sell thin sheets of adhesive felt like material which can be layered on EVA foam to create a fuzzy layer. The sheets are as cheap as the foam. Again, it won't be the same as furry foam and won't be useful for the same applications, but it is a quick way to add furry texture. The adhesive is not terribly durable so it is best used where the foam/felt combo is lashed to the fly in multiple spots.

check out bead mats. seems like the same material as ff but way cheaper.
color choices seem limited tho. probably could use fabric markers to get color
of liking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I just was thinking is there something "quick 'n dirty" that I could to simulate it. I have regular foam, don't really "need" any other materials at this point and don't want to order one tiny item.

I'll wait until I need more stuff and add that one.

Back