Furled extended body

studiomule

studiomule

Here is an example of the furled, extended body flies that I've been tying. This is a size 8 Green drake, on a size 14 hook. I started making furled leaders this past year and a furled body seemed to be the natural next step. I've only been tying for a little over a year, so be nice :)

Attachments

• green drake1.jpg
    green drake1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 12
They are terrible. You should tie two dozen of them for practice. I will send you my address and you can mail them to me for .. . . ummm proper disposal. LOL.

I like that...i would say your on your way.

How does it float or dit in the water..you test it yet?

Looks good. Only suggestion I have is to maybe try something like a Partridge CZN hook. Works nicely on extended bodies.

wsender wrote:
Looks good. Only suggestion I have is to maybe try something like a Partridge CZN hook. Works nicely on extended bodies.

That seems odd. You have any pics?

studiomule wrote:
Here is an example of the furled, extended body flies that I've been tying. This is a size 8 Green drake, on a size 14 hook. I started making furled leaders this past year and a furled body seemed to be the natural next step. I've only been tying for a little over a year, so be nice :)
akademi_bind_1.jpg

Those are the j:son extended body flies. He uses custom hooks but until his own Partridge line comes out he recommended CZNs. He said they're very similar except for a wider gape on the new hooks.

Back