Fur, feather, flash & Regal Revolution

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

I think I am getting better at these guys. I haven't had much time to play with them recently. I had bought a boat last night, just a cheap jobby that I mainly picked up for the trailer, but it got the musky juices flowing again.

After I whipped up a dozen stoneflies, it was around 1 oclock. I was going to crash but I looked over at my bucktail, and just decided to roll with a standard fur, feather, flash type musky fly.

I think it turned out pretty good. Fly is a little under 12" Long. I was worried about the tail length but spoke with a few of my musky contacts and they said typically the will go for the head.

My 10 wt should be done at the end of April so I should be able to get out there for them in May. I may even take a little off of turkey hunting. I think I will just buy one tag for gobblers this year.

Any way here is the fly.

And my new Revolution worked spectacular for this. It has the big game jaws as well. It is not a secret I am a Regal fan boy, but by gosh is this thing SWEET! I can honestly say that it has been my dream vise since they came out. I will be getting a stainless head for it as well. Will put up a full review on the vice once I get some more time on it.

Attachments

• BLUE AND GREEN2.jpg
    BLUE AND GREEN2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • BLUE AND GREEN1.jpg
    BLUE AND GREEN1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2
  • BLUE AND GREEN.jpg
    BLUE AND GREEN.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2
  • green and blue length.jpg
    green and blue length.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2
  • revolution.jpg
    revolution.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2
That thing is just epic looking man. Are those full saddle feathers for the tail?

Yeah. I have longer ones believe it or not. LOL I ordered in half saddles in chartreuse and pink. I want to get a few more colors but those things are pricey.

I did find a local guy who raises his own. He may be a member on the site. And picked up two halfs off of him. Cost me a little more money but Ill always try to support local first.

Looks really good Mike.

GenCon

Wish I had a little bigger eyes to put on it.

Back