Fulton County

sarce

sarce

I occasionally drive through Fulton County when I'm coming from the DC area on my way to other places in PA. Curious if anyone is willing to share any info on the trout streams in that area either here in this thread or privately. From the PFBC map, it seems there are some wild trout streams around that run off the higher ridges which I may spend a day exploring sometime.

I tried stopping and fishing a small stream that is slated to be added to the natural reproduction list but despite great habitat I only found sunfish and fallfish.

I'm interested to know if there are some decent wild trout options around that are worth stopping at to break up the drive. My standard of "decent" is pretty low, somewhere that I can have a chance to put a fly in front of at least a dozen or so trout in an hour or two fits the bill.

Also curious about the lakes in that county and if any of them have pickerel in fishable numbers - they're one of my favorite fly rod targets in the absence of good trout fishing.

Really appreciate any info! Thanks.

There is a lake on sgl 53 in McConnellsburg.

Thanks for the tips and PMs - may be a while before I pass that way again, but will let you know how I do.

Back