FS: Orvis Helios 2 9' 5WT & Hydros Large Arbor w/Extras

docdom

docdom

I have a lightly used, taken care of and excellent condition Orvis Helios 2 9' 5wt for sale. No damage, no visible wear, Orvis Lifetime warranty, in original carbon fiber tube and sock. Awesome rod for a great price for anyone looking to upgrade.

$500 Local meetup
$525 Shipped CONUS

I also have a Orvis Hydros Large Arbor Size III with 2 spools to go with it. One spool has practically brand new Orvis Hydros HD Trout WF5 line on it. The line has been fished 3x. Was put on the real by Orvis last year with new backing and taken out 3x due to shoulder surgery keeping me off the water. In its orginal box. Paid $90

The second spool has Orvis Sink Tip 5 WF5FS fly line on it. This line has been fished 10-12x and is in great condition. In its original box. Paid $80

The bottom of the real and Trout line spool show some minor, typical wear/light scratches on the finish from typical fishing. The second spool with sink tip looks brand new since it was rarely fished.

Will sell the combo H2 fly rod, Hydros reel, both spools, and both fly lines for $800 local meet up or $825 shipped CONUS

c7SznL5.jpg

03ueeCy.jpg

iDXvJUN.jpg

1w0jAcs.jpg

7gB1zNB.jpg

Since you cant click on the links to make the images bigger, here are direct links to the images for closer viewing.

https://imgur.com/c7SznL5
https://imgur.com/iDXvJUN
https://imgur.com/03ueeCy
https://imgur.com/1w0jAcs
https://imgur.com/7gB1zNB

$450 for H2
$750 for Entire Package
Local FTF
Add $25 if shipped

$300 cash today I’m In Chester county

H2. I know you’re looking for more but I’ve seen unused H2 go for $500. I know you’re looking for more and maybe you’ll get it but I figured I’d throw out my offer since no one else was. And it’s $300 cash today wherever you want to meet in Chester county after the eagles game is over.

No problem. Just got back from 3 weeks in Montana which I broke my h3 and a couple other rods. Wanted to put this rod to use while I waited for them to be fixed. Wasn’t trying to low ball you or offend just figured I’d throw out what I would be willing to offer for what would essentially be my 3rd option at 905. Good luck someone will bite sooner or later I’m sure.

Just got back from 3 weeks in Montana which I broke my h3 and a couple other rods.

Do you have a serious balance issue, were you involved in a 4 car pile up or byproduct of grizzly attack? I'm trying to wrap my head around what you typed

8 wt IMX pro, been fishing hard for about a year, threw streamers for about 3 days with a sink tip line and the ferrule got loose and I didn’t notice and it cracked at the bottom ferrule.

509 H3, was fishing a smaller streamer on rock creek and got snagged up on a rock in a deeper run, brought the line in and ran the tip down to streamer to try and free it from the rock and got a little too crazy poking around down in the rocks to free it and snapped the tip.

509 Scott flex. Took a nasty spill on some rocks in a notoriously slippery river and snapped rod and bent spool on a Ross evo.

Barbed wire a rancher ran down to the water along the beaverhead put holes in the waders, a ridiculously windy day in the Madison valley put an articulated streamer in the hood of my rain jacket, lost a whole box of dries at some point, boots started falling apart from the hundred plus miles hiked those few weeks.

Trip was hard on the gear, but wouldn’t trade it for the world. Do the trip every year same 3 weeks and usually blue bird skies this year was mostly dark skies rain and heavy winds, it was a different trip.

Jeez, I thought I was hard on gear. Sounds like you fish hard though, I respect that.

I have a H2 9' #4 and it is a great rod and that price for the package is outstanding. Anyone who winds up with it will be very satisfied. I have the Hydros III in black and use if on my 10' steelhead rod. Great drag and I'm very satisfied.

Thanks. I have it priced to move for sure.

Surprised this is still here.

I'm not. Majority of the people who sell stuff in the Swap Forum overprice their gear.

$700 for a perfect condition Helios 2 with Hydros Large Arbor, 2 spools, new Trout line and sink tip?

Overpriced? I think not.

Millsertime wrote:

I'm not. Majority of the people who sell stuff in the Swap Forum overprice their gear.

If that is a direct shot at this offering, it is poor form.

docdom wrote:

Overpriced? I think not.

Agreed.

It's just the wrong time of year, and this forum actually reaches a rather small audience.

It's a deal, it's just not reaching the right buyer at the right time.

That, and most of us here are already pretty well set for gear.

Maybe branch out to some other online sites (Craigslist, Facebook for sale forums, etc). I'd avoid that big auction site that gouges on commissions though.

Anyway, here's a bump for you!

Millsertime wrote:

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. A good rule of thumb would be to check Ebay for the item then price it lower because there are no fees.

Back