Fry fly

Leteras

Leteras

Here is my new fry fly. I call it the BM Fry. I like using glass beads and think it gives the fly a cool effect along with added weight to get it down quicker. Give me some feedback.

Attachments

• CSC_0183.JPG
    CSC_0183.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 11
Very nice. I'm sure it will catch fish once those fertilized eggs from the naturally reproducing salmon in the Erie tribs start hatching. And the weight to get them down is an added bonus...

that is a pretty creative fly that will definitely catch fish. i like it.

Thanks for the compliments.

Nice tie. I like you used the chain gang technique for the body. Good Job.

No I don't use bead chain its glass beads.

Leteras wrote:
No I don't use bead chain its glass beads.

I can't talk tier talk with i guess. Nice tie.

leteras is that the fly you tied for the steelhead swap? i recommend finding a better method of attaching the glass beads i havent even fished mine yet and all the beads came off but other than that its a great tie great looking too

actually the fly i tied for the swap was the first time I used the cautery gun so sorry for that. I have perfected using it now. Send me a private message with your address and I'll mail you some more if you like.

I snagged the #OOPS# out of a salmon with that fly.

You probably did, but you wouldn't need to if you used the...

On another line, see, as much as I enjoy the leteras pile on, I think he stepped out of the box and made something interesting. Someone once posted some nutty antique fly with the same general idea, but I do not recall what the body was. Anyone recall what I'm talking about? I'm positive I'm not just making things up.

I like it. Neat and original concept.

I was impressed by this when I got my swap flies. I even showed it to a few people. Mine didn't come apart. Nice tie.

Thanks for the compliments. I have some other ideas I'm working on just have to put them to the vise to see how they come out.

Did you just burn some mono on one end, like for mono eyes, to keep the beads on. That seems like it should work.

Ditto on everyone else, nice little tie there.

Back