Frosty morning mayfly in the sun

krayfish2

krayfish2

Found this guy on the deck railing this morning and thought it was a pretty cool picture. He was soaking up the sun as it started to warm up. With the warm weather the next couple of days you still might be able to find some fish rising if they haven't paired up for sexy time.

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_085847809_HDR~3.jpg
    IMG_20231024_085847809_HDR~3.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 67
I guess that is a spinner of some kind? Looks like a long tail and big eyes. I cant see too well at the moment. I have caught fish feeding on top every month of the year here in PA. My brother and I did it as a challenge a few years, A lot of the winter activity is on midge eaters often below a sewage plant or on some of the limestone creeks.. But also Blue wings show up year round on certain streams. The Run in Boiling Springs used to be great in dead of winter for that. Spring Creek also has pretty good Blue wings for a good part of the year at certain times of day..

I guess that is a spinner of some kind? Looks like a long tail and big eyes. I cant see too well at the moment. I have caught fish feeding on top every month of the year here in PA. My brother and I did it as a challenge a few years, A lot of the winter activity is on midge eaters often below a sewage plant or on some of the limestone creeks.. But also Blue wings show up year round on certain streams. The Run in Boiling Springs used to be great in dead of winter for that. Spring Creek also has pretty good Blue wings for a good part of the year at certain times of day..
Probably a Hebe spinner >

Female Leucrocuta hebe

Nice pic. Thanks for sharing.

Cool photo.

Back