Frogg Toggs Hellbenders

jifigz

jifigz

I need a cheap pair of waders. I've never had Frogg Toggs waders, are the Hellbenders any good? If not any other suggestions? I've had an assortment of brands of waders but I've never had Frogg Toggs. But I am super poor right now so I definitely want to keep it around $100 which is definitely less than I usually spend.

I’ve had them, or other similar FT products before. They’re competitive at that price point, but get beat by more expensive pairs in terms of longevity. But yeah, for a cheap beater pair, they’ll work. For a while anyway...I’d typically get a year or a little more out of them. FWIW.

Swattie87 wrote:
I’ve had them, or other similar FT products before. They’re competitive at that price point, but get beat by more expensive pairs in terms of longevity. But yeah, for a cheap beater pair, they’ll work. For a while anyway...I’d typically get a year or a little more out of them. FWIW.

Works for me. I might even go lower go the Frogg Toggs Canyon 2. I've never gotten a year out of ANY wader regardless of how much I've spent. I use waders often and hard, though.

I still have a pair that was my regular set. No leaks after two solid years of use, including a few trips to the Salmon River. I bumped them to backup status to move to a zipup set. I’d happily buy again.

Caddis waders at Bass Pro or Amazon. From about $80 bucks, but you gets watcha pays for!

I tried Froggs Toggs rubber/nylon hip boots a few years ago.

They started leaking within the first couple days of use
And couldn't even be patched.
They ended up in the trash very quickly

Back