French Creek Upper Stocking Limit

Wildbrowntrout

Wildbrowntrout

I did some research earlier this season about another place to fish and I found French gets stocked at Harmonyville Rd. and downstream. Part of the stretch is actually the crows nest preserve. Does anybody know about this? I did contact the preserve and they said there was no fishing allowed and they did not know the trout were stocked there. Am I missing something??

The only thing I've ever heard is that it gets hammered in Warwick Park area around opening day. Then I'd assume it warms up fast like rest of french creek, I have never fished french creek west of route 100 though.

Harmonyville Rd is not the upper stocking limit. Just checked the stocking schedule for Chester Co as posted on the PFBC web site. It says upper SGL boundary off of Harmonyville Rd. That puts the upper stocking limit a mile or less above St Peters Village.

Ah I see. I just clicked on the coordinates and saw that it was right on Harmonyville near the description. Thanks

Yo Wil

I've helped stock that section - we started just a few hundred yards above St. Peters and went downstream from there.

I don't think they stock the Crow's Nest Preserve. I'm sure fish get into those waters but I know for a fact that there is no fishing allowed on the Preserve itself.

Ron

Back