French Creek Outfitters closing out fishing stuff

L

lestrout

I was over at FCO and saw the Dame Juliana members doing a fly tying demo. The mall owners raised the rent, so FCO is downsizing their footprint and concentrating on hunting. They are getting rid of kayaks and fishing equipment, including quite a bit of fly stuff. I got some nice goodies at 20-30% off.

Really? That STINKS. So no more fishing dept there at all moving forward?

Thanks for the heads up les.

Nope, no more fishing department. I'm not sure of the official date... but soon. It's already thinned out quite a bit given the steep sales. There's still a lot of stuff, though.

It's not that steep and dont expect more than 30% off...going to liquidators soon for them to capitalize. Also word from an employer is the whole store is going out of business not just fishing.

govtmule wrote:

It's not that steep and dont expect more than 30% off...going to liquidators soon for them to capitalize.

A la Gander Mountain.

At 20-30% off, they are still likely making money.

Though it is nice as a consumer to sometimes find exactly what you have been wanting, and not have to pay full price for it.

FCO is looking to wrap up the sale by 12/31 according to sales staff. I and they highly doubt any sales will go below 20%.

If the whole store is going out of business they are doing something wrong especially with the range in there. Claytons in Willow Grove makes an absolute killing on the range alone

20% off isnt even worth the ride out there. I always liked the store when i worked out that way, RIP FCO

timmyt2 wrote:
If the whole store is going out of business they are doing something wrong especially with the range in there. Claytons in Willow Grove makes an absolute killing on the range alone

20% off isnt even worth the ride out there. I always liked the store when i worked out that way, RIP FCO

My understanding is FCO is downsizing and closing out fishing, kayaks, camping, etc. items and will be concentrating only on the shooting sports. Only time will tell if that is the case.

Stopped in today, employees now say entire store is closing early 2020, not just fishing , camping, etc. Entire store.

Can confirm the whole store is closing, what a shame.

Back