Free Weekend Fun in the National Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
A walk in the park is free this weekend! Everyone is invited to national parks across the country for the third of three free admission summer weekends.

All 391 national parks will offer free admission this Saturday and Sunday, August 15-16. Many park partners, including tour operators, hotels, restaurants, and gift shops, will provide discounts and special promotions to sweeten the deal. Visit http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm for more information. Fees for activities such as camping, reservations, tours, or concessions are not affected by the entrance fee waiver.

“During these tough economic times, our national parks provide opportunities for affordable vacations for families,” said Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar. “I encourage everyone to take advantage of these free admittance weekends.”

David
Absolutely awesome...invokes some great memories and inspires me to make some new memories in the new year!

Last edited:
albatross
Thanks Dave, that was fun. Reminds me of just how great a year this was for me. I hope I'm fortunate to look back on 2010 in review and see that I've had half as much fun with the guys form this board!

Last edited:
PaulG
Dave, great job! Those shots of the fish are great some very big fish!

Thank you

Dave

Thanks that was a great job. The shots of the fish were great, some mighty big fish!

Thank you!
PaulG

Last edited:
SkyBlue
Dave,

What a way to end the year!

Last edited:
TDB
Very nice slideshow. Thanks for putting me on the cover!!!...:) Didn't know what my one buddy was talking about when he called me and left a message saying I made the front page of Paflyfish.. Anyway, Happy Holidays boys!

Last edited:
Bruno
Thanks Dave that was great. I think Albatross won the most photogenic person of the year.

Who is the guy with the muskey ? Teach me :lol:

Last edited:
F
Thanks Dave - very nice. I enjoyed the PAFF year in retrospective. The doggie pics, and Benny in particular, are tough to beat.
And yes, Alby is definitely Da Man! :)

Bruno,
The fish you're thinking about are northern pike. I didn't see any muskies, unless I missed something.

Last edited:
greenghost
Dave,

Very, very nice. Thank you.
Bless your passion and talents for making it all possible.

Last edited:
JakesLeakyWaders
Wow, viewing the pics everyone has posted on a slide is so much cooler than manually browsing through them. There are a lot of really cool photos, and thanks for including a few of my own, awesome slide show Dave,

Jake :)

Last edited:
JackM
Nice job. It is a great and diverse community we have here. It is nice to see that we also catch a few fish. Thanks Dave and all the contributors.

Last edited:
culmer
Great slide show Dave! You really do a great job with the website.

Last edited:
albatross
Bruno wrote
I think Albatross won the most photogenic person of the year.

I just make it a point to fish with the better photographers on the site like Squaretail, David, SkyBay, and JackM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back