Foundational

Baron

Baron

In a responsible act of shear discipline I've entirely dis-assembled, cleaned and Lubricated a number of reels. They were all new aquisitions and the grunk was caked on badly. They're wonderful now. And thanks to the many of you whom patiently poured out the encouragement to ensure my success.

But here is a funny.......the first reel, a Medalist 1495, came out beautiful. it ticks along like new and is shiny again. But I couldn't get it to mount on my pole. It simply wouldn't get both sides of the foot into the collars of the reel seat.

It is foundational that you install the foot right-side up......otherwise it is inside the reel.:oops:

There are no photos by which I could beat myself up with, nor to be blackmailed buy, and I don't want to remember it anyway. I simply loosened 4 screws and re-installed it correctly.
I know there are a few of you that would identify.

Here she is:

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
I'm not following you ... are you saying that someone had installed the reel foot upside down on the reel?

Yes. I did. After a really good cleaning I put the foot back on upside down and the foot was inside the spool of the reel. I guess I should've taken photos.
It was one of my brighter moves....

dooG hctaC... err... Good Catch...

Awesome Sal......

Back