Forks of the Delaware, Monocacy, and Hokendauqua Chapters of
Trout Unlimited 9th Annual Spring Event
Stockertown Rod and Gun Club
March 26, 2011, 9:00 AM – 12:00PM: Raffle and Fly Casting Demonstration
by Andrew Moy, Tight Lines Fly Fishing
Michael McAuliffe Featured Presenter: "12 Months Fly Fishing in
the Ken Lockwood Gorge."
Everyone is welcome.

I like how you three separate Tu's work together and thrive. I think you should integrate W. Pocono as well.

Is there a website for the event? Details? Costs? Food? Etc?

No. There's not.

There could've been.

Edit:
This is what you get:
he 9th Annual Spring Event sponsored by the Lehigh Valley Chapters of Trout Unlimited...presents Michael McAuliffe - 12 months Fishing our Freestone Streams...Michael of Rise Form Studio and his professional fly tying partner, John Collins, have completed extensive research and sampling on the upper South Branch of the Raritan River, NJ. This lecture was presented at the 2010 Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, NJ and has been updated since. Doors open at 9:00 a.m....program starts at 10:00 a.m..
March 26, 2011 9:00 AM

jdaddy wrote:
Is there a website for the event? Details? Costs? Food? Etc?

If you go to forkstu.org, there is the same statement in the news section on the upper left side of the news letter. We are still working on the web site.

There is no cost, you can buy raffle tickets to win things that are dontated from various fly shops. The money raised is divided between the 3 chapters and is used for their projects.

It is a good way to meet other chapter members and get ready for the up comming fishing season. There will be coffee and donuts but you better get there early. :)

The location is off RT 33 so you can get there from I-78 or RT-22 and take RT-33 north to the Stockertown exit. Turn right off the exit and at the light turn right again. Go past the Valaro gas station and the second right is Lafebre Rd. You can only turn left there. Go over the bridge and the next right, a dirt road, it the entrance to the club. If you are comming from I-80, get off at Stockertown and turn left. Follow the above directions.

This is open to everybody. You do not need to be a TU member to attend. Hope to see many of you there.

Not sure what you mean Gfen?

This is free event put on as a way of giving something fun and enjoyable back to the local angling community. Its also a way for the public to see there are local chapters concerned about our local streams. Its not a huge fundraiser but any money raised is split evenly and usead by the chapters for various projects.

We generally draw a good crowd, usually at or near capacity. Its a fun, low key, free event always with a good featured guest speaker. We also have some good raffle prizes and even kids only raffles. Past speakers have included Joe DeMarkis, Don Baylor, George Daniel, Ozzy Ozovich, Matt Grobert, Ben Turpin & I believe Dave Rothrock did the very first Spring Event for us.

Back