For the guys looking to get a pontoon

sight_nymph_17109

sight_nymph_17109

Here's a pretty nice deal on a decent little boat.

http://www.waterskeeterdirect.com/klamath-lp.php

How does that one rate? Does look pretty nice. Pontoon covering is only 600 denier pvc.

Pros: Dual bladders is cool. Aluminum framing is cool. Drink holder, rod holder cool.

Cons: 350lb weight capacity puts it among lowest in class. Odd given the 8.5' pontoons and light aluminum framing. Would think it could hold more. As noted 600 denier PVC.

?: They say it comes with a rear STEEL platform, yet I don't see anything like that in the photos?

BTW, I *think* Scadden sells the Skyomish and the Madison without the standing platform for a couple hundred less.

They're the Element models, and they're not $499, but like $200 less than the ST model of the name line.

Yea, if you would want the stand down the road you can get it from Scadden. Might pick one up at Cabelas sat., not sure tho. I'm going to go look at it and see if it is the same frame and all, wrote down some checks to take a look at there. Anyone have problems with the oar locks on the Scaddens? I also noticed that the oar locks on the elements and clamp-type not the naval bronze on the ST and H2 models. I saw a review on Cabelas and not sure if someone recomended here, that the oar locks broke and to carry some spares.

If you are talking about the scadden, it is not on display at Cabelas.

No problem with oar locks on my ST. Cannot speak to other models.

I know I saw it there before recently. I was there about two to three weeks ago, not sure if I saw it then or not. I know the others they had there. Maybe I should call to check first.

Just got off the phone with them, they had one left. I put it on hold. Still want to check it out and make sure it isn't one with different stuff i.e. frame and other things on it. I did do the comparison on both northfork and cabelas and looks like the same one. Reviews say it is an ST as well. I doubt it is the HT. Don't think they would sell many 2k pontoon boats.

It's not the H2 for sure.

Back