For the Glass Guys

djs12354

djs12354

I received this rod for Christmas. A gift from my niece and her husband. Due to shoulder damage, he can no longer fish comfortably and so gave me his grandfather's gear that had been handed down to him.

There are two rods, one is a Shakespeare Wonder Rod and the other this Sears Ted Williams model that is like new. Markings call it an 8 foot, light action rod for use with a 7 weight line,

Rod feels very "Whippy" to me and flexes deeply to the butt section. I can tell it will take some adjustment of my so called "casting stroke"

Looking forward to fishing it soon.

Attachments

• info.JPG
    info.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Handle.JPG
    Handle.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Sig.JPG
    Sig.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations on those rods. Very nice. I just really got into fishing bamboo and also enjoy fishing the vintage glass rods with slower actions. Seems there is more interest and popularity now a days with slower action rods such as bamboo and glass. I guess we had to speed things up only slow it down....maybe we are coming full circle:)

Ron

You need to join the fiberglass forum and post this. The Sears rod is really nice! Nice streamer or smallie rod.

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/

Salvelinus beat me to it. The guys over there have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to glass rods.

And those yellow Wonderrods are prized. Nice! Once you get used to the action, you're going to love it. It's not whippy...it's soft ;-) I love feeling the bend right down into my hand.

PS-I just saw that the Sears rod is the yellow one. Never fished one of those. Still, love Wonderods!

Sad

If you come up to the tying jam, I will bring the rod along for you to see.
Dave

Back