For sale a brand new Scott GS 7'7" 2 Weight.

S

scottywest6

I have a brand new in the original box Scott GS 7'7" 2 Weight 4 piece fly rod with plastic still on the cork, sock, tube & blank warranty card for sale. Will take $745 + shipping so $100 off retail. No offers please price is set. PayPal preferred but will meet in person to save you on shipping if it's not too far from me (I live in Akron Ohio). Here's a write up from Telluride Anglers for this model:
John Duncan: Somehow, the GS 772-4 feels even lighter than the G2 772-4. These short graphite rods are a real challenge for the rod designer, because there is less overall contact between the rod and fly line, and inherently diminished “feel.” The GS 772-4 is more finely tuned to its line. We can feel every inch flexing under the line’s weight. The GS 772-4 requires an extra short casting stroke at 10-15 feet. The rod feels much “tippier” than an equivalent F2 model, for comparision. A short stroke will turn over your leader beautifully, however, and as the caster works out a longer line, the rod feels wonderfully “springy” through the mid section. Any 2-weight fly line will pair nicely on this rod.

Richard Post: What a lovely casting little 2 weight. I tend to shy away from shorter graphite rods as I think they tend to feel a little clubby. This rod has changed my opinion. The GS 772 casts neatly off the tip in close with expected accuracy but much more feeling than I anticipated. The recovery speed of the rod is so precise that you think this is a faster rod until you get some line out. When you do, you are welcomed with a smooth, stable, sit back and let the line unroll joy ride. This is a smile on your face while casting kind of rod.

Willing to reduce price slightly so feel free to submit a reasonable offer but do keep in mind this is a brand new never been cast or used rod with blank warranty card, tube, sleeve and original box so please no unreasonably low offers. Thanks.

Have it listed on that auction site for anyone who is interested. Also including a Maxcatch Avid fully machined 1/3 weight reel with micro-adjustable drag & a Rio Trout LT WF2 Weight line with it as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scott-GS-7-7-2-Weight-fly-rod-Maxcatch-Avid-reel-Rio-Trout-LT-WF-2wt-line/383776121591?pageci=d7a1f540-a0c8-4da0-9986-79cacef1458c

Back