For Matt Hanist: Memories...

R

rrt

I tried to respond on the comments part after your nice post about Memories of Armstrong's and Nelson's Spring Creeks, but I must have done it wrong. Imagine that.

Anyhow, that was a nice posting about a nice time in the past. We old codgers made some nice memories when we were young, and your was a nice reminder of things from days gone by. I'm sure Joe Brooks asking you for flies is something that you have long cherished.

Thanks for posting that up. It was a nice cause for reflection on my part, and I appreciate your writing it up for the PAFF home page.

(And your pics show that you were kind of close to being a "hippie"!)

;-)

Well said and I couldn't agree more. ^

Cool pics and stories from a unique time.

+1, such an enjoyable read. Thank you!

Awesome stories Matt. I admire your free spirit.

Matt is a very seasonal angler, well experienced / traveled and a all around good guy. If you have not met the man, you're missing out.

I've had limited interaction with him but when I holler out... as I float down the river..... he always recognizes my voice and yells back. makes me wish I was born 20 years earlier and got to fish some of the places before they got so jammed up

++Excellent read.
Trout bum vehicles a GTO and VW bus boy have times changed.

Thats a great story. Thanks for sharing your priceless memories.

Yes, nice story. A trout bum before there were trout bums. Matt- it’s seems you have more of that story to tell. Looking forward to the future volumes.

Enjoyable read.......Also shows good character being able to take time off from work, knowing you have a skill set that you can use when you are ready to go back to working..... A lot of people are chained to a job , unsure if they could ever get another like it .....if they left.......

Back