Flymphs?

Volksnurse

Volksnurse

So in my random insomnia surfing this morning, I started looking at flymphs. (Weird right?)

Anyone have thoughts, opinions on how/when to fish them, any real advantage to them (other than a cool name)?

Thanks!

Just another version of a wet fly. I'm not a big fan although I used to watch a man named Dave Baker tear em up on the Upper Delaware with his fly called the Delaware Flymph. That man had a way with that fly, I can say that.

Dave Baker still tears 'em up with his flymphs, only he now lives in New Hampshire so the fish around here are a little safer. The flymph is the club fly for the Main Line Fly Tiers, go check out our website one night when you can't sleep and if it looks like something that interests you by all means plan to attend one of our meetings as my guest. Chris

Blue Heron, Foxgap,
would be nice if the Main Line Flytyers website would work so i could see the delaware special...got any pics of this fly? I love swinging an drifting Flymphs, and soft hackles.

blueheron wrote:
Dave Baker still tears 'em up with his flymphs, only he now lives in New Hampshire so the fish around here are a little safer. The flymph is the club fly for the Main Line Fly Tiers, go check out our website one night when you can't sleep and if it looks like something that interests you by all means plan to attend one of our meetings as my guest. Chris

Might just do that! Thanks!

Don't do it today. It just so happens the day I come out of the closet and try to promote my club is the day Godaddy decides to switch our server and it immediately goes down. Our webmaster says that they are working on it , whatever that means. It will return or so I'm led to believe . Wolfy, I'll happily share any flies with you, I swing softhackles and flymphs on a regular basis.

Back